Saturday, June 21, 2008

So Tired

This week seems like it was so long, but yet it's already over.

I took the children to the library twice, couldn't believe it myself, but they enjoyed themselves.

I taught 7 classes this week at Core fitness, and now feel like a noodle.

Monday I taught Body Step and Zumba
Tuesday I taught Body Pump
Wednesday I taught Body Pump
Thursday I taught nothing, but did part of Jason's Body Attack class and then did 5 miles on a bike.
Friday I taught Body Pump and Zumba and today
Saturday I taught Body Pump

Tomorrow is Sunday and I love that since I don't have a workout on Sundays. Sometimes we go for a walk as a family, but no going to the gym. Such a nice feeling to have a break.

I don't have any Pampered Chef parties right now because with the flood and all everyone either cancelled their shows because their houses were ruined, or they postponed their shows in hopes to get better attendance in a month or so. I had the opportunity to make some calls yesterday and was determined to get a show or two on the books for July. I was able to book 2 shows in July. Even though they are in the last week, this will be something for that month. My goal is to book 6-8 more for that month and be able to get my business back on track.

Iowa City is on the mend, the water is receeding and a dirty film of sticky mud and poo is left over. Finally Hwy. 6 in Iowa City opened up in both directions to ease traffic a bit. However Hwy. 6 in Coralville remains closed since there is still a bunch a water there and tons of cleanup to do. I can't imagine the business owners going back to their places to see the destruction. I feel so blessed to have a house on a hill and to have had no interruption in electricity or water this past week. I seriously don't see ourselves ever living near a river in the future after this, so many have lost everything. I'm glad we chose our house where we did.

Thank you to Adam and Amy who helped us pick this house.

1 comment:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Im glad the flood is getting better. We asked Mike's family to pray for you all too.