Thursday, June 5, 2008

The boy is in trouble

It is 11:20 at night and Caleb still isn't home. Michelle let him go to an end of the year (today was the last day of school) party and he promised to be home sometime between 10 and 11. I have to get to work early tomorrow morning and I don't appreciate having to wait up. We have another storm moving in tonight and he is on his bike. I don't have a phone number for him so I am stuck waiting for him to either call or get home. He is so busted. If I find out he has been with his "girlfriend" he might as well just put on an electronic ankle bracelet. Oh, Oh, Oh. He just got home. He was at Rebecca's. She is not his girlfriend but I am sure she was there. He feeds me this crap about having to take the long way home. Little does he realize that I was the king of breaking curfew. I know all the excuses. Perhaps this is my just dessert.

Well, I am off to bed. It is humid and quite warm here. I have thus far managed to resist the temptation to turn on the air conditioner but if I have another lousy night's sleep, you can bet that it will be on tomorrow night.

No comments: