Thursday, June 5, 2008

Grocery Store Deal!

With grocery store prices rising you'd think a deal is hard to find. You have to know the right people. A local grocery store likes me a lot. The man who stocks the perishables in meat and cheese will give me a box once in a while with lots of stuff that is either expiring in the next day or so, or is expired or ripped open, etc. Then I have to pay a small amount for the entire box.

Today I received:
6 packages of Smoked Sausage
2 packages of shredded cheese
9 packages of String Cheese (the children love these)
1 43 ounce bag of Chicken Nuggets
5 bags of sliced cheese all different varieties
1 package of Flour Tortillas
1 block of hot pepper cheese
1 package of bacon
1 juice drink (someone had separated this from a snack pack)

All this for $3.00

I feel very blessed and I'm so thankful for this opportunity to get such a deal so my children get fed well for yet another week!

4 comments:

Jason said...

I think the meat guy has a crush on you. Do I need to collect my fairly large brothers so that the six of us can pay him a friendly call? And by friendly I mean beat the snot out of him?

Can't wait to get home and have some bowel stopping cheese.

Papa Doc said...

That's great that you can do this. There was a store in Lincoln that used to sell their expired goods (or nearly expired) and there were a few of us that would show up on that particular day and we would get it either free or for a very small fee. I was always so grateful when I could get food that way. Then the store had to stop doing it because of Federal Regulations (according to them), but probably more the worry about being sued by somebody by eating bad food. That was a sad day. I'm glad you have a friend that will give you this stuff.
Chris

Mike and Adrianne said...

That is so awesome Michelle. I really admire how good you are at finding good deals for your family.

Jess and Jen said...

Do you just leave the store so excited after getting such great deals? I know I would!

Jen