Monday, June 23, 2008

Seemed like a good idea

Alyssa age 8 and Scott age 6, wanted a few things from the grocery store so I thought, why waste gas, let's really "go green" and walk and we will take our own cloth grocery bags.

Thinking this would be fun and a leisurely walk I just put on my flip flops. I couldn't find my nice and really comfortable swede flip flops so I wore the plastic ones. It is a .6 mile walk to the store so there and back is 1.2 miles. Not so bad. Basically it's just up the hill, down the hill, down the street and around the corner.

While there with Alyssa and Scott we picked up a little more than a few things.

Gallon of Milk, dish washer detergent, strawberries, bunch of bananas, loaf of bread, taco seasoning, container of sour cream, box of kitchen trash bags, bite size tortilla chips and lastly a small bag of gummy worms which is mainly the reason Scott wanted to go there.

All this stuff filled 4 bags and of coarse it was just a bit heavy. Scott carried the dish detergent and Alyssa carried the bag with the bread and tortilla chips. I was left with the rest.

Now this wouldn't have been so bad if my cheap plastic flip flops hadn't worn a hole in the top of my foot. I was in so much pain by half way home that I took off one shoe and walked half barefoot.

And both Scott and I have numerous mosquito bites.

Now we are finally home and I've finished dinner. Hopefully the foot will feel better soon.

What was I thinking? Going Green is harder than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

Jess and Jen said...

That's funny. A trip to the grocery store to pick up a few things always turns into much more, doesn't it? By the way, I bought my first reusable grocery bag today. Jess was very proud of me.

Jen