Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day Out with Mom

Yesterday was President's Day and my children were out of school. I asked them what they wanted to do. Alyssa and Scott said Ice Skating. Brenden and Scott said a movie, Jared said hang out at the mall and eat at the mall.

So we set out on our journey to Coralridge Mall in Coralville, IA which is only 4 miles from our house.














Here is Scott and Alyssa putting on their skates. They each have their own skates now which is very exciting to them.








Some skating pictures












Then I told them they could each pick their favorite place to eat at.


Jared and Brenden both picked Panda Express for the Orange chicken.

Scott picked pizza.



Alyssa loves Charley's Grilled Subs.

I didn't pick anything because I knew from all that food there would be left overs and sure enough both Jared and Brenden didn't want all their chow mein noodles so I got a fair helping of those.





Then we went to Target for some candy.
Then we went to a movie. The children picked Gnomeo and Juliet. It was a great movie for them. I thought it was just okay.

Overall, super fun day.




You may be wondering, where is Caleb and Daniel. Daniel had to work and Caleb had a huge research paper.

12 comments:

Nicole and Brent Prime said...

What a fun day! What a fun mom you are. I bet they had a blast, each getting their wish for thd day!

SuzyQ01 said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love how the Coralridge Mall is a one-stop shop for all sorts of fun!

Jess and Jen said...

Panda Express for the Orange and Mandarin chicken is where it's at.

The new blog layout is nice. -Jess

Jess and Jen said...

Wow! What a fun day! I'm with Scott on the pizza! -Jen

Michelle said...

Coolest thing about this day is it only cost me $23 total because I had movie passes that I bought last year for the movies that are only $6.00 each and they are good for any movie any time. Then for Alyssa and Scott their ice skating was free because they are taking lessons and while you have lessons you get 8 passes to skate. Then since they have their own skates we didn't have to rent. So the cost for the day was for the candy and food at the mall.

Dave and Tana said...

Sounds fun! Much better than our presidents day. We had a gloomy rainy day.

The Duke said...

I've been there to that mall!! I know exactly where you were. Did anybody ride the carousel? (Just kidding about that one.)
Yum---I'm with the Panda Express.
It's nice that you were able to do all of that in one location. I'll bet the kids will remember this day out with Mom.

Merrilee said...

I love Coralridge mall! I wish I had a place like that around here that has everything the kids want to do. You're a great mom to make the day off so much fun!

Michelle said...

No one rode the carousel, but they used to beg to do that every time we came here.

We actually went to the mall across town to see Gnomeo and Juliet and the reason was this:
At this mall Gnomeo and Juliet was only offered in 3D and if I used my passes on that movie then I'd have to pay $4.00 Extra for 3 adults each and then $2.00 extra each for the children meaning with my 5 passes that were pre-paid last year I'd have to cough up $16.00 more. I wasn't about to do that. So I looked up the show times and sure enough same movie in 2D that would accept my movie passes was across town so we left and went there for the movie. I was able to use some consession cash passes that I had as well for a large popcorn and large soda that we all shared. It was a fun day, would have been great if Caleb and Daniel could have joined us.

Jason said...

Would have bee a great day if Caleb and Daniel could have joined you, huh? What about your husband? He'd like a day off too.

Michelle said...

Jason you sound sad that you weren't included. I would have loved to have you along. Let's make a date for March 12th for the family and we can all go out! How about the St. Paddy's parade in Dyersville? There's an 8K and 2 mile race that day.

Alyssa said...

It was that expensive! :(