Friday, January 16, 2009

Thank goodness for small favors

The wind isn't blowing this morning. It is 23 degrees below zero and if the wind was blowing, it would be in the neighborhood of -40 to -50 degrees. School is closed for the third day in a row. This is about as close to absolute zero that I ever want to come. In another 2.5 months this will all just be a bad dream. I am really looking forward to spring this year.

There is nobody here at work yet today. It is very nice. I am trying to finish up a project that I have been working on for a while and hopefully today will be the day. It all depends on this one experiment. Having said that, I need to get back to work.

1 comment:

Papa Doc said...

Did your experiment work? Wow - I just can't believe the deadly cold you have. It won't help the heating bill, that's for sure.
Does Caleb get out in it to go to work? And Michelle? I'll bet it's hard to get up early to go to the classes you have to teach.
Heck, I'd just stay home wrapped in a warm blanket sipping hot chocolate and I'd read a good book.
Mom