Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I found my keys and other crazy things

Finally, finally finally I found my van keys. Two whole months. Two long months and they are now in my possession once again. It took until I didn't care anymore, isn't that the way it goes, seriously. I had searched everywhere, asked around everywhere, turned my house upside down and then one day just gave up. I actually came to the point of not caring anymore.

Today I was at the post office mailing invitations for someone. The post man says, "Hey do you have a business card or brochure for your Pampered Chef?" I didn't have one with me, but knew I had something he could have in the van. Thank goodness for this experience. I went to the van and couldn't find a Pampered Chef magazine anywhere, then I couldn't find a business card anywhere. What kind of consultant am I to not have any literature with me? The post man wants a pan, and I couldn't even give him a business card. So back to the searching. I'm in the van searching all over, under the seats, in the glove box, in the pockets. And then there it was

MY KEYS!!! As I'm literally shouting a big Wahoo!! I see something else. A letter I thought I mailed over a month ago stuck under the seat. No wonder why the check inside that envelope never cleared. I was wondering about that. And then there it was . . . a single business card. YES!!!

Then there's the story of the mail back home. Today the mailman comes. Not sure how he even drove to our mailbox with the nearly 7 inches of snow that arrived during the night and morning. He delivers a stack of mail. A huge stack. I was so excited when the children brought the mail in. So I start going through the mail. Not one piece was for me. Not one piece was for Jason, not one piece was for anyone at our address. It was all for our neighbor. Even the big box. Is that sad or what? Then I thought that maybe our mail would be at the neighbor before us. So I walk to their mailbox and go through their mail (totally illegal) (now remember this part for later in the story) anyway I go through their mail to see that none of it is mine. Bummer.

I wait and wait for the mailman to get to the other side of the street so I could have a nice long talk with him.

I told him what happened and asked him where our mail was. (See we haven't missed mail in years, we always get at least a junk flyer, always) he said, well maybe it's at the neighbor before you, did you check? (funny he asked if I checked someone else's mailbox) Isn't that illegal?

I told him I did check and it was all for them, then he said he'd check around, but to just expect that I probably didn't receive anything for today. Bummer

Double bummer, I went to donate plasma and my hematocrit was too low. Maybe Friday will be better.

Good things going on:

Scott, my youngest child came to me today holding his newly lost tooth. He is so cute with a tooth that is gone.

I went to go make chili and had all the ingredients in the house, this never happens.

My cold is gone and everyone is well right now!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so happy to have found your blog!

hope to see you soon

Lisa