Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving is back on

They are testing the fire alarm in my building right now. It is incredibly irritating. I keep hearing things like, "Attention, a fire has been reported in the building," or, "Attention, a tornado warning has been issued for this area." I know for a fact the fire alarm works well. Just the other day, one of the residents in our lab needed to autoclave something but didn't close the autoclave door well enough, allowing steam to escape. That was enough to set off the alarm. This is the third time that has happened since we have been in this lab - thankfully not by the same person. Ah, it sounds like the test is over.

Our oven emergency is over - at least for now. We found one on Craigslist.com yesterday. It was only $75. It is not in the best condition but it works. Michelle and I were not enthused about having to spend lots of money on a new oven. I am just thankful that it all worked out.

No comments: