Sunday, November 23, 2008

A great day!

Saturday was so fun. Jason and I started out our day with going to our new gym called Performance Health and Fitness in Coralville, Iowa. There was a launch there.

Confused what a launch is? This means as instructors we show off all the new music and choreography in the latest release from the Les Mills company from New Zealand for the programs we teach.

We had two classes, Body Pump and Body Attack. Jason was in both of the launches and I was in the first one. After the class the management staff of Performance brought up smoothies to all the participants in class. Yum. I love smoothies and could eat them every day.

After class we went shopping at Menards (a local hardware store) to find a bracket or something that could fix our oven panel. It has been broken for at least 6 months or more. Basically the plastic brackets that held the electronic panel on the oven front had snapped off and the panel sat back and it was so ugly looking. At least the entire oven hadn't broken but the front appearance of it was really white trash looking. I thought we'd have to buy an entire panel/top of our oven to get it fixed right. We had tried duck tape and all sorts of other fixes in the past many months and nothing was working. It appeared that the front middle was pushed out and it was hard to turn the oven on.

We had struggled to find a solution to get this panel to look nice again and be fixed correctly. Then we had an idea yesterday. After I pulled the oven away from the wall and unscrewed the back of the metal panel to look inside the back of the oven, Jason said he thought a bracket of some sort might work. He measured and we left for the hardware store.

After not finding any type of bracket, we settled for bendable wire and it got fixed. So happy for that, it actually looks fabulous and all brand new again. Love it!

We came home and I made dinner for the children. Jason then took me on a mini date with our almost 14 year old Daniel watching everyone. We went to a restaurant called Jade Sisters in Coralville, Iowa. They make fresh sushi and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!! The two sisters that own this restaurant are so nice.

We ordered some sushi, ate it and went to Pier One. I had a gift card with $6.30 on it from at least 2 years back and wanted to finally spend it. Sure enough the card was still valid (wasn't sure if would be) and I found some fall decorations on clearance and spend the last of my gift card.

Then it was off to get Caleb at work. Caleb is our oldest son who is now barely 15. He works at HyVee grocery store. He had worked nearly all day. While at HyVee we ran into everyone we knew. It took us about an hour to get out of the store, not kidding. It was so great to see so many members from Core (where we used to teach fitness at) and explain to them that we hadn't quit. One member said, "I have missed your classes so much and wasn't sure where you both went." I'm so glad I saw her and cleared up the misunderstanding she had.

Today is Sunday and I love Sunday because we get to go to church and then have a nice long family day. We have nothing on our schedules to take us away from home and it's so relaxing to have this day of the week.

This next week is Thanksgiving and I get to see my parents. What great fun we will have as they stay at our home they haven't seen yet and we get to go shopping and have Thanksgiving dinner catch up on all we have missed for 2 1/2 years. I saw my parents last year at my sister's wedding, but since it was a wedding, we didn't really get to spend time with them while in Ohio. Now we will have them all to ourselves. And the children will get to see their grandparents and make more memories.

I hope all your Thanksgivings are fabulous this week and if you have time please write a comment on a favorite recipe you share at your table. I'm looking for new ideas.

No comments: