Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Whew!

I just got an email from the Les Mills Assessment department. I passed my Body Attack certification! For every program I teach, I had to attend the initial training (2-3 days of brutal physical and mental challenges) and then I was given 3 months to perfect my technique, choreography, coaching, etc... By the end of 3 months, I was required to send in a video of me teaching an entire class. The video is assessed for physical fitness, technique, coaching ability, choreography, and intangibles such as my ability to connect with the class and my ability to create emotion. Anyway, I was a bit worried but my assessment turned out just fine. There are a couple of areas that I need to tweak but I was aware of them.

Today was Brenden and Jared's end of the year track meet. Every year all the 5th and 6th graders in our district have a track meet. Jared wasn't too excited about it but Brenden was all over it. Jared did a few field events (the shuttle run and Tug'O'War for example). Brenden ran the 300 yard dash, did the Long Jump, and the 4X75 relay. He came in the middle of the pack during the 300 and jumped nearly 10.5 feet in the Long Jump. Unfortunately, I had an experiment going at work and had to return before the relay race. I look forward to hearing how he did. Hopefully Jared had fun also.

1 comment:

Papa Doc said...

Ammon had a track meet just like that. He is in 5th grade. He even had a race. He won! Several boys ran along side as he went in his chair. There is so much love for him among the kids that he loved the race and was proud of winning.


Hope Jared and Brendon had a great time. I miss them so much!

Dad Clark