Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I've got a few minutes before lab meeting - Marlan just called and said that he would be a little late. We are finally starting to dry out a bit after a weekend of weird weather. A town just 70 north of here called Parkersburg was almost completely destroyed by a tornado Sunday night. Seven people died as a result of the storm. I think they said that over 400 homes and 20 businesses were destroyed (this is a town of about 1000 people). We got a lot of rain and straight line wind as evidenced by the tree limbs and leaf litter all over the yard and street but that was about it. I think we are all about ready for some calmer weather.

School is winding down for the kids. Only one week to go. They are excited but Michelle is not! Caleb will be working full time this summer so that will keep the house a little more peaceful. He really has been trying over the last week or so to be a better young man. He is being more responsive and his grades are coming up a bit. At least he is no longer failing any classes.

On another note, I am growing a beard for the first time in my life. Michelle says it looks good (she says that it make me look like Justin Timberlake. I am not sure if I should be offended or not.) but she won't kiss me. I have been growing it for about 2.5 weeks but I don't know how much longer I can keep it going. It is a little annoying. I have gotten past the itchy stage but it is just going to be too warm as the weather heats up.

1 comment:

Papa Doc said...

I do not know about the beard being anoying and itchy, but this she will not kiss me stuff is all it takes for me. I have to keep myself shaved and smooth to get the kisses I want, and that is sure important to me.

Dad Clark