Thursday, May 22, 2008

Nothing important

Chelsey's post on our food blog reminded me about our local post office. Yeah, I know, a strange association. First, let me explain our post office. Have any of you seen the second Men in Black movie? It wasn't as good as the first but still funny. Do you remember the scene at the post office when J walks into the back with K and asks him why he is so comfortable there? That scene could have been filmed at our post office. Michelle and I have a very difficult time not laughing every time we walk in. Anyway, Michelle is a frequent customer at the post office and Charley asks her about Pampered Chef from time to time. A couple of weeks ago, he wasn't at work and the next time Michelle saw him, he was raving about what a great time he had mushroom hunting. I know I am making generalizations but the people I know who go mushroom hunting are usually 1 gene shy of a full genome. I don't know if it is because they have picked the wrong mushrooms on occasion or if they are just a little off kilter anyway. These are the same people whose idea of a fancy date is bowling league night and dinner at Hardee's. These same people can also name the top 10 drivers on the NASCAR circut. I realize that I am poking fun at half of the United States and am probably going to get mean comments in response to this post. You should keep in mind, however, that I didn't say anything about country music. If I had, Jess, Jen, and Michelle would probably never talk to me again. Have a good day, all.

3 comments:

Papa Doc said...

I'm surprised the postal guy doesn't have a pig he takes with him when he hunts mushrooms -- that's what people in Oregon do. Pigs find a certain kind of mushroom - best smellers in the nation. That would have completed the picture you gave us of this guy!

Jess and Jen said...

I do enjoy country music, I like to follow NASCAR from a distance, and I shop at WalMart. I'm truly American. -Jess

Jason said...

I also shop at WalMart. I just can't spend the extra money to go elsewhere. Besides, one of my good friends is the general manager of one of our local WalMarts.