Friday, May 9, 2008

I feel old enough to have had the Carpenters perform at my prom

This week is "launch" week at the gym. The three programs I teach come from a company called Les Mills International. Every three months, they send out new music and new choreography to all the instructors. So, every three months, we make a big deal out of it and launch the new music in the gym. This means that I have 34 new songs to learn every three months. On top of my normal teaching load (4 classes a week), I have been involved in the launch of all three classes. Last night I taught my normally scheduled Body Attack class (my first time with the new music) then had to immediately teach (with two other instructor, thankfully) the new Body Pump music. When I got home I was sore and feeling my age. I at least have a day off today from the gym but have the Body Step release tomorrow morning. I am not sure where the choreography from all these songs is being stored. My brain must be nearly full. At last count, I had the choreography from 280 songs stuffed somewhere in my brain. It's a good thing I really like to teach or I would have been driven crazy by now. I am also really lucky that my body has stayed pretty healthy. Other than the pulled plantar facia that I have been fighting with the last several weeks, I feel pretty good.

4 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

You're on the top of the world, looking down on creation...it's the only explanation I can find.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Funny, funny. I'm always impressed with all the stuff you do!

chelsey said...

I think we should come visit you and your family this summer! I'd love to go to one of your classes. Michelle's too!

Jason said...

We would love to have you guys!