Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nothing in particular

Christmas is coming. We have snow on the ground and it is COLD! I know Christmas is coming not just because there is snow on the ground and the calendar says that it is December but because I have my Christmas station back on Pandora.com. It is nice to be able to listen to Christmas carols while I work. I love this time of year. It tends to be a little frustrating sometimes because we just don't have the resources but it is nice none the less.

Life has been a little disheartening around here lately but I am an eternal optimist and am always trying to find the silver lining. I firmly believe that there is good to found in everything that happens - you just have to look for it. Things are starting to settle down and hopefully will be back to a familiar routine/grind soon. I am very grateful for the peace I find in the scriptures and through prayer. I know that our Heavenly Father is very aware of me (and all of us) personally and is very concerned for my well-being. I very much appreciate His willingness to let me make mistakes and am aware how much it must pain him when I do so. As such, I am also very thankful for the atoning grace of the Savior. There is always hope.

2 comments:

chelsey said...

Being an eternal optimist is a trait I wish I had. You certainly have that to be grateful for! More of us in this world need that trait ~ like the idiots on Wall Street for one...

It's cold here too! We've had a little snow, but not too much. The wind is just miserable though. I don't like the teens every morning!

Papa Doc said...

You have snow on the ground - we don't have that yet and I'm really grateful we don't. I hate driving in it down our hill.
My co-worker has been listening to Christmas songs since October and it has driven me crazy but now that Thanksgiving is over, it's ok. I also have Pandora running and we did get a tree set up. But there are no ideas yet for Christmas. I understand about no resources and how that makes the season more difficult. I wish we just spent time together, had good food, played games and did something fun together rather than spending a lot of money on gifts. It would lessen the stress a lot.
Allen used to call me Pollyanna because I believed in the positive all the time. I think this is called hope - you can run a long way on hope so you just keep being that forever optimist. The Lord is by your side so keep that in your mind always and you will remain the optimist we love.
Mom