Monday, December 15, 2008

The Iceman arrived

I usually don't get very cold. Actually, I am usually complaining because it is too warm. Today, however, I can barely type because my fingers are so cold. A cold front moved in yesterday afternoon and the temperatures are hovering around zero. With the ever present wind, it is nearly -25 degrees outside. I am tired of winter already. In an effort to save money and save energy, we try to keep the thermostat set at around 66 degrees. In light of the cold outside, I checked the thermostat and saw that someone had it set at 62. No wonder I am so stinking cold.

Tonight is Caleb's first show choir concert. This will be interesting. It is always fun to watch gangly teenagers dance and sing. Caleb has a great voice with an incredible range but he needs to work on breath support which he claims he just can't do. Maybe if his teacher told him he would listen. I am pleased that Caleb is in show choir and hope he sticks with it.

4 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

You ARE freezing. We are cold but not nearly that cold. 66 degrees?! I would freeze in your house. Our is always set at a nice, comfortable 72.

chelsey said...

We keep ours at 68 and I find myself often cold here too. Oh well, it'll be worth it when the bill isn't as high. Especially when we've got tons of xmas lights on that just jack up the bill anyway!

Sarah had her last show choir performance for the year last night too. She is such a ham on stage. She's literally dripping with dramatics up there. Wonder where she got that from...can't possibly be our side of the family!
I hope she'll stick with it until high school too. Glad to hear Caleb did so well!

Jess and Jen said...

Christmas lights that you rednecks left on your house all summer... I still haven't bugged Brent about that... -Jess

Papa Doc said...

I sure wish I could hear Caleb's show choir. I always enjoyed Gillian's (and actually Jess, Adam & Chelsey's in Indiana). It's fun to watch the development. I'm glad he is enjoying music - there's nothing better.
It's dang cold out here today, too. We were in the teens this morning and it is supposed to get no warmer than 22 with still two more snow storms to blow through in the next few days.
Mom