Saturday, December 6, 2008

Good day

I had a good day today. Taught Body Step this morning and had a blast. After class, I immediately changed into my swimming suit and spent 10 minutes in the gym's hot tub. I felt wonderful. This afternoon, I spent two hours at the UI women's gymastics meet. It was an intrasquad meet (Gold team vs. Black team). The coolest thing is that a couple of days ago I was asked by the head coach to be one of the "celebrity" judges. It is a whole new vantage point to watch the floor exercise from the side of the mat. Part of the fun is that each team bribes the judges with candy. I got a whole gift bag with mini Snickers and Milky Ways in addition to a bottle of Diet Coke. The gymnasts are incredible. I wouldn't even dare to climb up on the balance beam let alone walk across it. Flips? Not a chance on a surface four feet off the floor that is barely wide enough for my feet. Now is all I have left to do for the day is a quick, 15 minute trip into work to do some cell culture.

4 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Jason, you can drop the quotes around celebrity. You are the man on campus! Psst...does Michelle know you spent a few hours staring at young 18-21 year old girls in leotards (is that what they call them)?

Jason said...

They were wearing less than leotards! The thing is that all the freshman and most of the sophomores were born after I graduated high school. The youngest of them is only a couple of years older than Caleb. Now that puts it in perspective, doesn't it? They really are very nice women with a good work ethic. I count it as a privilege to have gotten to know the team over the past year or so.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Why were you a celebrity judge? It is so fun to watch gymnastics. "Very nice women with a good work ethic." Funny. Mike would be like, "I got to watch cute little girls all day. It was a great day." He has crushes on little teenagers.

Jason said...

I got to be a celebrity judge because I was their fitness instructor all of last year. Besides, Ashton Kutcher and Shawn Johnson weren't going to be in town until the next weekend.

Mike has a thing for teenagers? Does your Bishop know? I am sure Mike would love knowing that you wrote that.