Thursday, December 4, 2008

Can I borrow your fridge?

You'd think one appliance going out would be enough this time of year, but NO it must be our thing around here to have appliances die.

Our refrigerator decided to quit as well. It felt warm over the weekend, Two days ago I put a thermometer in it. It reads 50 degrees. I took off the back of the fridge and vacuumed the heck out of it. It was dirty. However that didn't help. The thermometer has read 50 degrees and sometimes 52 degrees all day. No wonder why the milk tasted so bad at breakfast. It was nasty.

Problem is, it's a CROSLEY brand. Who has ever heard of that?

it came with the house. We moved here 2 years ago.

It's a newer looking model, but obviously a piece of crap. I called every appliance fixer person in the phone book and so far they all say the same thing

"We don't fix that brand"

Nice. I searched it on the Internet. The Internet will let me order parts. What part do you order? Seriously I haven't been trained in this. The Internet will also let me order a manual. Maybe I should so by the time a week or two goes by and everything rots inside I might have figured out what might be wrong. Meanwhile everything that is worth saving is out on the back deck in the snow.

Unbelievable.

4 comments:

Jason said...

See, snow is good for something.

Mike and Adrianne said...

You guys are not having luck lately. That stinks. Sorry. Our fridge came from a sout garage sale our ward was putting on. Mike just came home with it one day. It is really, really old. The water dispenser doesn't work but everyone that comes to our house trys to get water out. When it goes bad we will not try and fix it.

Papa Doc said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry! We rarely ever have one appliance break down by itself - they seem to go out in bunches. I have no idea why, but once one breaks down something else goes with it. I hate it!
We have an old one in our garage. If you lived a little closer, we'd bring it up to tide you over.
It's an especially nasty time of the year for this to happen.
Do you still have snow?
Mom

Papa Doc said...

Well, be thankful for the snow. We have bought several fridges in our time. It goes with the territory. My favorite one was the one we bought in California that was just a fridge, one without a freezor. Upright freezors are not very efficient. We always needed more room in the fridge for all the food you kids ate, anyway.

I could not even think of fixing a fridge. Too many things could go wrong, especially when the problem is as you describe. That would seem to be a faulty compressor. Lots of money.

Good Luck and just pack it with snow.

Dad Clark