Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Swimming at Kent Park beach

Yesterday I went to Kent park again, this was my third time in one week.  Jason's 2nd time.  It was the very first time for my children to go there.  How we have lived in Iowa 13 years and never knew about this AWESOME swimming area only 15 minutes from our house, I have no idea.  It's clean, there are changing places, bathrooms, it's roped off and it has a CLEAN sand beach.  It's a great swim area and perfect for practicing for our triathlons coming up.

Last week I went there with Deb.  Deb is a great friend I met through my Body Sculpt class.  Ashley is another friend I met in Body Sculpt class.  Both of them are going to do their very first Triathlon this year and I'm so super excited for them that I can hardly sit still.   Below are pictures of my friends and my children.  Somehow Jason didn't get in pictures this time, but I will include one of us from when we went there last Friday night since we still look the same.

The water is still in the 60 degrees temps, so we all have wetsuits to swim with.  My children swam without wet suits and I'm not sure how they did that, but they seemed happy.  Ok, so here are the pictures:
Jason and I taking a picture of ourselves.  About to get in the cold water.

Jason in his wet suit.  He looks like a Super Man
in that suit!

Deb in her Tri Suit.  This is what you wear under the wet suit if
you have one.

Deb in her wet suit.

Ashley in her wet suit.

Ashley and I after swimming.

Alyssa with her two friend Zofia and Zhanna.

Scott in the water!
Alyssa and her friends!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Best place to practice open water swimming in the area!