Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Letter from Caleb--June 10, 2013

Dear Mom,
I have not gotten a bike book yet. I am excited to get one from you though!
You? Bike?!! No. Lies. If it makes you feel better, I bike an average of 20-30 miles a day, and I also work out on bike about 15 miles on hills every other day. My companion is great! He is kinda... well, haha who knows. He thinks he is right all the time but rarely is (or wait, maybe that was me) and has been out 17 months and been a junior companion his entire mission. Honestly, he could do leadership, and I know he wants it really bad.
It is just interesting with him. I need to give it a lot more time to see how I actually feel.
How was our week, and did we teach a lot? Well, Our week was good. A lot of time has been devoted to fixing Turners frankenbike because it is awful and frightening and he was going down a hill in front of me and I watched it buck him off like a bronco. Like the whole bike just "bucked" and away he went. Somehow, by the grace of God, he landed in green grass and managed to not even stain his shirt. I don't get it, because he was going fast. (Hes a big kid, not muscular. 9.8m/s/s works in his favor). Also, we taught one lesson this week... this area will be more of a struggle for sure. BUT, the lesson we did teach was to a new person that we found, and we taught the first lesson and invited her to be baptized, and she said yes, so that was cool!
I do like our new ward. There is def. more (read: moar) money in this ward than I have ever seen in my life. People have backyards here! Also, one member has an Astin Martin and its awesome. In answer to your question, no, we are not near the beach (July 1 we will have no beach in our mission anymore) but are actually quite north of there. We are living in the city of Placentia, but our area covers Yorba Linda, Placentia, and Anaheim. You can look up the boundaries on LDS.org for the Yorba Linda 3rd ward.
I did get my bike.
My current bed is soooo much better.

YES Mom, of course, great for 4 months.
How can a dog miss me? She doesn't even remember me. Speaking of dogs, I am going to do a surgery on a dog in a few days.

No comments: