Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mini Trip to Chicago.

Jason and I like to go to Chicago at least once a year. We were married there almost 21 years ago and try to get back to have a nice weekend date once in a while. The last couple years we have chosen running races to do while there since we both like to run. Oh let me clarify that a bit. I LOVE to run. Jason runs only to be with me! He always complains about running before and during, then after he is happy.
Jason and I in front of Soldier Field.  This is where our race was going to be the
next morning.  The picture is blurry because I didn't have my camera, so I had to buy
a disposable cheap camera and that was a mistake.

The tunnel under the freeway to get to Soldier Field.

While biking from our hotel to Navy Pier, we saw the Sears Tower, you can kind
of see it.

Jason and I at the end of Navy Pier.  We biked there from our Hyatt hotel.  11.75 miles
round trip!

Jason took this picture of Sailboats.

Our race bibs and the finishing metals we earned for completing the race.

Our awesome shirt.

A better picture of the Sears Tower

This is a picture of my Garmin, GPS running watch that I LOVE.  It shows that  I ran 10 miles
Final time when I shut it off was 1:45:19, however my official time was 1:45:15 which was a
new personal record for me by 11 minutes and 20 seconds.    The 11:36 at the bottom is the new pace
that starts over for the next mile, however that was when I was stopped, so I don't think that counts much.  My last mile pace ended up being a 9:40 pace and for mile 10 I think that's pretty fast for me!

Jason and I in our race shirts once we were back home.

Jason being super silly.

No comments: