Friday, June 14, 2013

extra letter from Caleb--Friday, June 14th, 2013

I got permission to write you to tell you that on Tuesday morning, someone broke into the Yorba Linda 3 East car (which is the one that ferries us around) and stole my scriptures. There was a camera in there, a gps and many other things, but the only thing that was stolen was my scriptures. 
I literally just received a phone call from someone in the ward saying that a woman wants to talk to me. 
Ok, now I just called her, her name is Nicky. I guess she was walking a few days ago and found my scriptures! They were on the ground behind a few cars, about 2 miles from where we live. I am going by at 5 today to pick them up. She only got in contact with me because there was a printed referral email in my scripture tote from one of the members who used to be in the stake presidency. it happened to have a phone number, so she called it and figured out how to find me. Well, turns out I don't need to email you about my scriptures after all!
Love you Mom, hope you're doing all right! The Sister in that picture was Sister Parkinson.
Elder Clark

2 comments:

Jason said...

The Lord looks after his missionaries. I'm glad they were found.

gillian said...

How awesome! Love that little story.