Saturday, March 16, 2013

Several things

I want to try and blog more, just because.  Today several things are on my mind so I'm just going to write about those things.


1.   I wanted to say that my injury in my left ankle is much better.  I usually still feel some pain once in a while, but for the most part it is a happy ankle.  I taught Zumba today again for the 4th time this week and I realized during teaching that I didn't feel pain today.  So I'm grateful for that, super grateful.

I ran this week and it wasn't in intervals of walking some and running some, it was just plain running all.  So that was nice and refreshing to just run 3 miles and only feel the ankle a little bit.

2.  My weight that I gained (18 pounds) to be exact during my injury is slowly coming off so that is great and I'm feeling better all the time.  I used to linger between 140 and 145 which for me is a great weight.  All the charts say I should be 120 to 130 for my height, but seriously I don't think those take into account muscle mass and I was lifting all the time.  I was a size 6 and felt good most of the time so I was happy with that weight.   However then I got a massive injury and gained weight and it wasn't just a little, it was 18 pounds.  You may be thinking 18 isn't bad.  Well it was for me. I was sad, mad and worried I'd never see the 140's again.

Well I knew I needed to eat better, for that has always been my hardest thing so I'm eating as clean as possible meaning trying not to eat processed foods.  I have had some, but very little.  Also, eating many fruits and vegetables a day.  Some meals have been all fruits and vegetables and I have to say that I feel so good.  So amazingly good.  AND I've lost 10 pounds in 2 months so that is what I'm really excited about.  My current weight is 152 so I still have more to loose, but hey I'm getting there.

3.  I'm exercising more.  I'm teaching usually 3 Zumba classes a week on average and several Body Sculpt classes, trying to fit in a run once in a while, some time on my elliptical machine and some swimming.  I need to make some time to bike and hoping for good weather soon so I can do that outside.

4.  My 2nd oldest child just turned 18 and that feels weird to me,  hopefully now that he is technically an adult he will make good choices like an adult should so he can live a long happy life.

5.  Today I had the opportunity to take a girl that I visit teach out to lunch.  I had such a good time getting to know her.   I haven't done something like this in a really long time.  My companion couldn't come with me so it was just me and her.  We went to a great place for lunch called Pita Pit and I choose a Black Bean Burger on a wheat Pita with tons of vegetables in it, so  it was all vegetarian.  I skipped the sour cream and cheese and just had a little bit of ranch and chipotle sauce in it and it was perfect and tasted really good.

6.  I hope it warms up soon because it's been super cold in Iowa this year.  Last year in March we had a few warm 60-70 degree weeks and that was so nice.  This year it's just freezing and I'm ready for Spring.

1 comment:

The Duke said...

I'm proud of your efforts to keep your weight where you want it to be. You are a good example to me. I'm glad your ankle is healing so you can do what you love.