Friday, March 22, 2013

I tried

I wanted to make Jason a Lemon Meringue pie. So I bought the ingredients and proceeded.   However when mixing the egg whites, I didn't read that you have to mix the 5 tablespoons of sugar into them while mixing and so I tried to add it later and it killed the egg whites.  Also, apparently I didn't cook the yellow lemon part long enough.  Whatever, dumb instructions didn't say how long to cook it.  Just said to make the yellow part come to a boil, then take a half cup out and mix it with the yolks of the eggs, then add that egg mixture back to the pan, come to a boil again and then cook until thick.  The dumb mixture was thick, super thick, so why it didn't set up one will never know.

So in the end the pie didn't work out.  I was upset because I was so set on making Jason a great pie that he loves.  Maybe in 21 more years I'll try it again.  I don't care for this type of pie which is why I've never made it before. Pictures of the experience:

Jason mixing the egg whites

The lemon part.

The egg white part.  

3 comments:

The Duke said...

It may not have turned out how you liked, but I'll bet it tasted yummy anyway.

Michelle said...

I couldn't stand it, but I've never been a fan of egg whites on pie. Jason said it was OK. Which is translated as "It really was alright, but actually kinda nasty and I'll eat it anyway to make you feel better, but try again."

Jason said...

It was good. Remember, practice makes perfect and you can practice on me anytime you wish.