Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013 with the missionaries

We had a special dinner with the missionaries right after church.  Usually we feed them at dinner time, however there is a special Easter program at church tonight at 6p.m. right during while we were going to have dinner, so I changed plans and had a huge dinner at 1p.m.

I tried a couple new recipes.  First was the Bird's Nests.  You make them out of butterscotch chips, peanut butter and  chow mein noodles.  Then after they set up you put Robin Egg candies in them.  Too cute and they actually tasted really good and looked cute too.  I made a potato, ham and cheese casserole that I had never made before and it was really good.  I made a fruit salad, banana bread and there were three different vegetables to choose from which were raw carrots, raw broccoli that they could dip in a cucumber dip that my friend Tracy made from the Bridal shower from yesterday that we still had leftover.  I also had cooked peas, which I love by the way.  For dessert was a pumpkin pie.   I hope some nice family is feeding my oldest son who is on a mission in California.    Here are a few pictures:


The edible bird's nest with candy eggs.

Elder Smith and Brenden.

My famous deviled eggs

Most of the table.  Scott is on the left, with Alyssa.  Elder Smith
is at the end of the table and Brenden is sitting next to
Elder Stachitus.


Elder Stachitus who goes home just next month.

Elder Smith on his bike.

 Elder Smith

Elder Stachitus

1 comment:

Jason said...

Feel free to make those bird's nests anytime you want!!! They were the best tasting pile of bird detritus that I have ever had the pleasure of tasting.