Thursday, November 15, 2012

MRI results.

The medical write up was quite confusing, however the doctor called me and explained the test results in English and it translates to this: 

I have an interior and anterior sprain.

Bad Bone bruise. 

Tendinitis on the outside of the ankle. 

Bone Marrow Edema. 

Osteochondroma Defect which is a benign tumor that contains both bone and cartilage and usually occurs near the end of a long bone. This tumor, one of the most common benign bone tumors, takes the form of a cartilage-capped bony spur or outgrowth on the surface of the bone. It is sometimes referred to as osteocartilaginous exostosis. 

There is a lot of swelling in the bottom part of the ankle. 

He also found the start of arthritis (lucky me). 

So I'm in a boot and crutches for 6-8 weeks.

I'm not allowed to use the elliptical until the Bone bruise feels better.

The doctor said he wasn't sure how I managed to run 18 miles on this foot after injuring it, he said a Bone bruise is one of the most painful things to have. 

On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the worst pain ever.  I'm probably at a 7-8.  I need some serious drugs and all I have in the house is ibuprofen or Alleve.

I hope I heal quickly so I can run within 8 weeks.

3 comments:

Kari said...

That has got to hurt! I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. Maybe your kids will have sympathy on you and keep the house extra clean!

Michelle said...

Thanks Kari, I too hope they help out more. Last night I was in the grocery store with two of my boys so they could push the grocery cart and help get the groceries and at one point I turned around and both of them were all the way down the isle talking to girls so I was left alone. I do hope for help as this is a huge pain. I think if I just had the boot then it wouldn't be a big deal, but since I can't put any weight on it, that creates more problems.

The Duke said...

I think I have a couple of drugs sitting around here that might help -- I could send those out.
I'm sorry you have this injury. I have a cane and a walker if you'd rather use those. I hate crutches, too.