Monday, November 5, 2012

Caleb's first REAL letter

Caleb FINALLY wrote home.   Caleb is on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and currently is in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, Utah.   Definition of P-Day is Personal Day.   Here is the typed version by me of the handwritten letter:

Dear Mom and Dad,

Sorry for the short letter, I just wanted to let you know that I am fine.  P-Day went so fast, but I got to go to the temple and we had a devotional by Elder Clarke tonight, of the Seventy.  It's truly amazing how strong God's love is.  Even though this has so far been the toughest experience of my life, God is constantly here, picking up the slack.  We have 3 investigators who are really cool.  Javier is a Spanish art/culture Professor at USU who got introduced to us through another professor.

I have lots of stuff to tell you, but my zone leaders are Punks and insist that I don't write or read letters on email till P-Day, which I missed yesterday because our zone had to move to a new building.

I promise to write on next Tuesday, to you, grandma and grandpa, and the rest of the fam.

The spirit is amazing.  I have watched it change peoples lives in just a week, including my own.  Even though this is hard and I miss people, I know this is where I belong.  The Lord has called me to this great and marvelous work for a reason, and I know there are people who are being prepared by the Lord for the day we meet.

I love you guys and miss you lots.

Love,
Elder J. Caleb Clark

P.S.  Please get my Jacob's address, and Rosies and Beccas and Holly.  Call Jacob and he will get you that info.  Please tell Jacob I am not allowed to email outside of my family, and will write accordingly.


4 comments:

Jason said...

It would have been nice to have found out that he had written by some other means than the blog, you turkey. I mean, I am his father and you do have my cell phone number.

I'm glad he is doing alright. The MTC is difficult.

Michelle said...

Tried to call you Jason, check your phone TURD.

Jess and Jen said...

I love reading your comments to each other...so funny! I bet it was great to finally get a letter. I'm glad he's doing well! -Jen

The Duke said...

I'm glad he sent you a letter and to hear that he likes it. I have no doubt that he's going to be a great missionary. Make sure and let us know what his mailing address will be when he gets out into the field.