Thursday, November 8, 2012

Caleb's 2nd letter

Hey Family! Sorry it has taken so long to reply! They keep us really busy here. My companion is an amazing elder. Elder Blakley is a spiritual giant, and he has one leg. I didn't know that until the night time though when we pretended to fall in the hall and scream out in pain when his leg flipped 180 degrees. The jerk. Hes a great man though.


Yes, I've done laundry twice.

I need pajamas and flip flops. (Private stuff only for Mom and Dad was here)
They feed me too well. The food is mediocre, but theres lots of it. I need bodystep.

I love the teachers here. And the TRC, or the teaching resource center. We have investigators, referalls, and less active members that we teach to there, some of them are actors, some of them are legitimately being exposed to the church through us for the first time.

I have not bought shoes. There is no place to do that here.

I need my debit card sent out as soon as you get it, but please activate it first.

I love the provo temple. Its beatiful, and the inside is sweet. The endowments happen in one room though. There are a lot of temple workers who know minerva teichert.

It is hard, but it is very fuffilling. Also, sorry if things are misspelled, they only give us 30 minutes a week to email and it has to be done all at once so I don't bother to spell check.

If you would like to write me, please type it and print it and send it (or use DearElder.com) or write it out. I can't check email except on tuesdays, and now I wont be able to check it till im out in the field as we leave on the 13th at 5:00 am.

I am having a great time. Again, this is probably the toughest thing I have ever done, but knowing what I am a part of makes it worth it. Heavenly Father has some amazing plans in place that I am just barely getting to glance at. The fact that there are people who have been prepared for years for the eventuallity when they will meet us is something that will never cease to amaze me. God cares so much about all of us, and wants us to return to him. I have seen miracles happen in just two weeks. People can change when motivated by the Lord. I have never quite understood the stewardship that comes with being a missionary. The ability to recieve revelation for any person I run into on the earth to help them come closer to Christ is something that is scary to behold. We had an investigator who was refusing to pray, to follow up on commitments, and to do anything we asked, yet still wanted us to come over. We were prompted to bring up baptism during the lesson, which was a huge change from the plan. after what felt like forever in silence, he responded that yes, he had wondered what it would be like to be cleansed of his sins. A week later, he has committed to baptism, read the book of mormon, and prayed sincerly. This is amazing work, and I am glad I have a small part in it.



I love you and miss you.



Elder Clark

P.S. (Flight information to California was here)

1 comment:

chelsey said...

So great! Sounds like he's doing really well!