Monday, November 26, 2012

a letter from Caleb 11-19-12

Hi Mom and Dad,

We have taught quite a few lessons recently! It's been a busy week, especially being on bike.


Please don't publish any of the following, as it is private and not for the eyes outside of you and dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


California has amazing weather. I did laundry outside today in shorts and a t-shirt, and was warm. I love this. I love palm trees. I don't love the huge gap between those who are rich and those who are poor here. It's really disheartening to see so many people struggle. We are only 40 miles from Mexico, which explains all the taco places. We saw a mexican jump into someones car yesterday. Like the car didn't even stop, the guy just ran out into the road, and jumped in the back seat of a moving car. The balls.

USC and UCLA was Saturday. It got to be a mess here.

Traffic is scary. Everyone moves very fast. When it rains, everyone hits each other, because they don't know what to do. I wonder how many would die on the road if it ever snowed. We got invited snow boarding. Snow boarding here is strange, because you just go up the mountains a little bit and theres snow. And its warm. People snow board with their shirts off because its like 60 degrees out but theres still snow on the ground. I told you this place was weird.

People keep telling me I have pretty eyes. So good work. but it's really creepy. There are only brown and blue eyes here.

Thats pretty much all I have right now. I have read the book of mormon though again, and now I'm starting over. The book of mormon is incredible. I have watched it change peoples lives, and I haven't even been here a week!


Love, Elder Clark


Bike progress?

No comments: