Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School 2011

As you will see from the pictures below. My children were super reluctant to get their pictures taken, but I made them do it! I'm glad I insisted on our tradition of first day pictures, even if they all look grumpy (well except for Scott).




First here is Daniel.  He is a Junior this year in High school and is way too cool to get photographed.  Seriously I'm not sure how I captured this moment.

Brenden is a Freshman in high school already.  He seems way too young.  At least he kinda smiled for the picture.  You may think this is his smile, but this is his attempt to just make me happy by smirking.  His smile is so much cuter.

Jared is a Sophmore in high school.  He loves these shorts so you may see him sporting these shorts in many pictures in the future. 

Three children together in the same picture.  Now this doesn't happen often. 

Alyssa was embarrassed that I was even at her bus stop and then to take a picture was just wrong.  She is starting middle school this year in 7th grade.

Happy Scott.  I think he always smiles.  He is a 4th grader in Elementary school.

Lastly this is a picture of Daniel, Jared and Brenden walking away from the car to go into their high school.  They had already met up with another friend.



I hope it's a great school year. I will miss them.

5 comments:

The Duke said...

Yeah school..... maybe? I didn't want it to start so soon. Ammon started yesterday, too, and was so happy when he came home that he called me to tell me about his day. I asked him what his favorite class might be and he said, without hesitation, "World Civ."
Your kids are great! I hope they really enjoy school this year.

Nicole and Brent Prime said...

I think I might make my teenager pose for a picture still. He didn't want to, so I didn't make him. But what fun memories of the new school year!

chelsey said...

Those kids are growing up so fast! Won't be long before they're all out of school and there won't be anymore 1st day of school photo shoots. So get em while you can!

Tana said...

At least half of them look excited!

Carmell said...

They are getting so grown up! Good job getting the first day of school pictures...I think I will always do that, even though it embarrasses them (that's a mom's job, right?) :)