Saturday, April 2, 2011

L.I.S. Panther Pride 5K Race

Alyssa, Brenden and Scott being silly in the van.
 Today we had a race in Williamsburg, Iowa called the L.I.S. Panther Pride 5K.  This was a fundraiser race so this Lutheran school could get playground equipment.  My friend Tracy lives in Williamsburg and today we were going to pick up our puppy from Tracy, so running a race was a great start to the day.

It was a gorgeous day of 54 degrees, bright and sunny.  Perfect running weather.  When we raced it was around 42 degrees so I still had cold weather running clothes on.

Only Alyssa, Scott and Brenden wanted to come along.  We also picked up my friend Stephany on the way there so she could race too.

We don't have times for this race because there was a mess up with the way they did the times and no one will ever know what their time was.  However even with that messed up, it was a Super organized race with lots of volunteers that were on every corner telling us where to turn and cheering us on.  Also there was fabulous post race food and many door prizes.  Each of us won a door prize.   We do know however what place we were in, just not how fast.  I placed 6th of 13 in my age group and Jason placed 4th in his age group.
Here is Stephany and Alyssa.


Tracy, Stephany and Me before the race.



Jason and I before the race.  Jason got my lucky number 13.  I had #12.

Tracy finishing her race

Alyssa took pictures of us running, here is Jason.

I'm in the background if you look hard.  I'm running up the hill.

Me almost at the finish.


Jason, Me, Stephany and Tracy posing for a picture after our races were over.

All of us again



A great picture of Jason and I inside the gym waiting for our name to be called for door prizes.  I actually won a $25 Gift card to Theisen's!

Taking a picture of ourselves!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

That race was fun even though I didn't race

Jess and Jen said...

I had a dream last night I was running. That's about as close as I've come to it in recent months! -Jess

Nicole and Brent Prime said...

Looks like fun. When I read this, I remembered another blog from a friend. You might find it inspirational. Take a look and see if you can add to it! www.flatjenny.blogspot.com