Monday, April 4, 2011

Princess Abby Buttercup

I would have liked to call her Buttercup, after Princess Buttercup in Princess Bride.  Not everyone agreed on that.  The name Abby came up over and over and over.  It was the only name EVERYONE thought sounded nice.  My hangup with the name is that it is my niece's name.  What we kept running into with names is Every name we picked was someone we know.  It was either an old girlfriend of Caleb's, or an old girlfriend of Jason, or a name of a girl I didn't care for in High School.  Or the name of my Dentist I just switched from because I don't like the way she does things.  I could go on and on.  Then I picked out two names I just loved which were Addaline and calling her Addi and Brindy and calling her Brin.  Jason didn't like either of them.   I pondered names of Stars in the heavens, to Queens in the Bible, to well behaved famous Women in history.  Nothing was sticking.  I did like Esther, but not everyone thought that matched her.

So here we are hours after picking up our darling puppy and no name for her.

Finally Jason says, "Let's just go with what everyone liked."  I said, "The only name everyone likes is Abby."  I just hope my beautiful niece of mine Abby isn't offended.  Here are some pictures of our beautiful new addition.

This is one of her first pictures taken.  She didn't have a name yet.

She sleeps a lot and doesn't seem to mind her kennel.  Brenden insisted that she use one of his blankets.

Love this picture of her sleeping.

Half in-Half out.

Scott has many pictures with Abby, he insists on new pictures often.

Alyssa with Abby.


I just took this picture a few minutes ago, it's one of my favorites so far.


When no one is around and it's just me and her I call her Buttercup!

10 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Abby thinks it's great that your cute puppy has the same name. She wants one... -Jen

Michelle said...

I'm so relieved to know that. I have seriously been stressing out about naming our dog the same name as our niece. I was hoping you weren't offended. In fact I asked Jason yesterday if we should just think of another name since the dog won't know if we change her name within the first week.

The Duke said...

I personally love the name Buttercup - but this puppy is so cute she could be named anything. I hope she turns out to be a great dog as she works out her "puppydum".

Jan said...

She is so cute! Congrats!

Alyssa said...

I love her.

Merrilee said...

She is adorable! It almost makes me want one until I hear how much work a puppy is! I love the name Buttercup too! Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies!

Janessa said...

Yay! You got your puppy! She is adorable. I'm glad everyone was able to decide on a name. We obviously like the name as we have an Abby too:) Buttercup is a very cute nickname for her. Good luck training her and adjusting to life with the new addition to your family! You can tell she's well loved all ready.

Dave and Tana said...

She is so cute!

Michelle said...

Last night she finally slept for 3 hours at a time. She has also stopped howling and crying at night. My heart was breaking when she would cry.

Jason said...

Your heart doesn't break when I cry. I am just so crushed now.