Friday, March 12, 2010

I can be nice, really.

During my workout this morning Caleb texted me and said, "I desperately need money."

Knowing he needed lunch money and that I forgot to give him some this morning.
I texted back, "How much and when?"

Caleb's text: "10 or 5 by fourth."

Me: "What time is fourth?"

Caleb: "11"

I was at the end of my workout so I texted back. "Can you meet me outside in 10 minutes?"

Caleb: "Yes, let me know when you are close. Auditorium"

Knowing how much he loves Hardees food and it was almost lunch for him and I was going to be passing by Hardees in just a minute I decided to stop there to get him food to surprise him.

Right when I drove up to the window Caleb called me and said, "How close are you Mom?"

I told him I'd be there in a little bit and did he want anything from Hardees?

Then Caleb said in a shocked voice, "You are at Hardees and are going to get me something?"

I told him "Yes"

He said, "Mom you are sooooooo nice."

I said, "Please remember that."



So there you have it, my teen admitting that I can be nice. I thought I could and now it's confirmed. I'm happy!

4 comments:

The Duke said...

:) :) :)
Great story!

SuzyQ01 said...

LOL Of course you are nice...teenagers just have a hard time admitting it!

chelsey said...

Leave it to teenagers, huh! Us moms always seem to get a bad wrap. Geoff always seems to think I'm the strictest mom on earth!

Lokodi said...

Love it! That's so cute.

Lindsey