Monday, March 15, 2010

Beautiful life

Today is simply a beautiful day. The sun is out, the temps are closing in on 50 already, and there isn't an ounce of snow on the ground. My tulips, crocuses, and other early bloomers are poking out of the ground - it's just a great time to be alive.

Change is in the air. Yesterday, our Stake Presidency was reorganized again. This is the 5th change (due to moves and the like) in the 9 years since our Stake was organized. My boss was called to be the new Stake President. He will do a great job, much like the Stake Presidents before him.

We had two General Authorities at Stake Conference. I have come to realize in the past several years how powerful Stake Conference can be. Our Stake Priesthood Leadership meeting was perhaps the best leadership meeting I have ever attended and the general session was very good too. I love being able to sit in the presence of the Lord's servants and hear their inspired words. I come away feeling so much more determined to be a better person.

I'll write more later about the leadership meeting when I have a few more minutes.

7 comments:

The Duke said...

Maybe that is one reason your boss didn't move to Utah - a greater call was waiting for him in Iowa.
I'm glad you have some spring weather. (We got 7" snow on Saturday.)

chelsey said...

Reorganization must've been in the air. Brent was finally released yesterday too. What an emotional mess of a day! I was fine until our Stake Pres asked how I was.

I also enjoy Stake Conference. The adult session is always a breath of fresh air. I never get to attend RS or Sunday School, so an adult lesson is nice! It's been probably 6 yrs since I've had a calling that allows me to go to either SS or RS. It's about time I think...too bad Brent didn't release me before he got released!

Lokodi said...

Is this the same guy that came to Barcelona with you and stayed at my house for the night? He is a really nice guy. I'm sure it's nice to work with someone with the same beliefs as you. That always helps to have a more peaceful environment.

Lindsey

The Duke said...

Yes, Lindsey - it is the same man you met in Germany.

Janessa said...

Wow, I didn't see that one coming. Did Pres. Jones move? Who is in the new presidency? I'm feeling so out of the loop:)

Jason said...

Janessa,

Pres. Hansen - President
Pres. Thrap - 1st Counselor
Pres. Anderson (Eric) - 2nd Counselor.

President Jones release was due to some family issues. He was a great Stake President and will be missed.

Janessa said...

Thanks for the update. I'm sure this new presidency will do an amazing job. Is everything okay with the Jones?