Thursday, May 14, 2009

Better get used to hanging laundry

So the Sears man finally shows up today to "fix" the dryer. Who am I kidding? He didn't fix anything. Here we are back to last January 2008. Remember when I called to have them come out and fix the dryer then? They didn't have the part, so they ordered it, then I had to wait for them to come back and put the part in. A grand total of 3 weeks of waiting for my dryer to be fixed.

Here we are again, Week 1. Repair man shows up and decides that he can't fix it. Some belt is broken and of course he doesn't have the right belt so he has to order it. It might be here by Saturday (he says) and after the part is here, we have to call back and re-schedule him to come back on the first available business day after that. So it might be next Thursday if we are lucky.

In our home with 8 people wearing clothes, 2 people working out on a regular basis and 6 children playing outside getting all dirty and such, we go through at least a load a day. I seriously can't keep up with this when I have to hang it in the basement and it takes so long to dry. Thank heavens Jason is such a help.

What upsets me the most about all this is that this dryer is less than 3 years old. It's a Kenmore Super Capacity front loading dryer. I was talked into buying it because our Maytag, Whirlpool, and Amana appliances have been less than faithful. Several people recommended a Kenmore Dryer so we thought we would give it a try. Well there you have it, it's a piece of crap too. DON'T BUY KENMORE UNLESS YOU WANT A LEMON, this is our 3rd repair in less than 3 years.

Also on the list of Don't Buy (even if it's a good deal):
Maytag front loading washing machine
Maytag or Whirlpool Dishwasher
Amana Microwave
Whirlpool side by side refridgerators
Maytag Ovens

I'm running out of sanity.

3 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

We have a dryer that Jared replace the heating element on and now it just needs a new spark plug or something. Let me know it you want it. Jared knows how to fix it the part just cost $25 and he already put $25 into it but if you want to pay for the part you can have it. I worked great before the thing (whatever it is ask Jared he knows) went out.

Dave and Tana said...

Wow! I cant even imagine how busy that is keeping all of you! Good luck and I hope it all works out soon- Tana

The Duke said...

Can you call somebody like the Better Business Bureau about these guys? Seriously -- I don't like to buy anything from Sears - not even clothes. We bought one of our washers from them and I just don't like the place and I don't like their products. I dislike Maytag as well.
If you lived in Utah you could call "Get Gebhardt" - a guy that investigates problems for people and reports on TV about it. He gets things done. Do you have anyone out there?
Good luck. I hate being without a dryer!
Mom C.