Monday, July 21, 2008

Michelle's coming home!!!!

Michelle will be coming home tomorrow night at 11:55. It has been a long 11 days so far. I can't wait to go back to work. Does that make me a horrible father? I don't know how Michelle does the whole running all over town for appointments and such every day without going crazy. I have been able to get some things done around the house that have needed to be done for quite some time but I am ready to go back to work.

Caleb had youth conference this last week. He seemed to really enjoy it - all but the dance anyway. He told me that three girls turned him down. How rude is that? Aren't their parents teaching them common decency? It takes a lot of guts to ask a girl to dance when you are a teenager.

While Caleb was at Youth Conference, the rest of us went swimming. Both Dan and Brenden dove off the diving board for their first time. It took Dan about 10 trys before he actually did it but Brenden just went to the end of the board and dove right in. We had a great time.

The river is up about a foot today. We had a huge storm this morning. It started at about 5:15 and rained buckets for about 45 minutes. There were recorded wind gusts of up to 90 miles an hour. One of our neighbors had a mature Ash tree downed onto his garage and his car in the driveway. There were trees uprooted all over town. What a mess. It looks like another storm is on the way. I can hear the thunder now.

2 comments:

greenbayrox said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Mom on making it home. You are awesome!!!

Papa Doc said...

I'll bet it was just like on What about Bob. You know, the diving stuff. I am glod that Jason is geting some real life experience. Maybe Michelle should leave more often. The kids might actually learn to swim.

Dad Clark