Sunday, February 16, 2014

Always busy for the Clarks

It's still cold in Iowa and we are still getting snow about every other 2 days.  In fact, I'm pretty sure we are getting more tonight and tomorrow.  I am beginning to wonder if we will ever see Spring.   For a snow hater, this is not a good winter at all.  However lots of fun stuff is going on, so here are a few things the Clarks had going on this past week.

Jason got new shoes from Running Wild.  Our favorite running store's link here

We had a nice family dinner last week and Daniel came over to join us.  It was so great to see him.  Found out Daniel is taking a few classes at Kirkwood college!

Caleb wrote another fantastic letter home this week which I probably should share.

I ran three times this week along with many other cross training exercises to get ready for my marathon in June!   See this link to find out more about my training.

Jared is doing Set at school for the play Annie.  He loves to build things.

Scott is enjoying his Base Clarinet in addition to his regular clarinet. He has been able to get more air into it all the time.

Jason got the battery out of Jared's car and was able to get the new battery in, but then it still won't start.  Thank goodness we haven't added it back to insurance yet so we aren't paying for a dead car.  Hopefully this week that car will start and Jared will have his own car to drive for a while.

Alyssa is doing really well in school with straight A's.

I'm loving my job at the bank.  It is super interesting and challenges my brain.  I am in the loan department and so far have learned all about Home Equity loans, 1st mortgage purchase and refinance loans, 2nd mortgages and now I'm learning about Consumer non-real estate loans.  Cool.

Scott and I babysat on Valentines day for two other couples so that they could enjoy the night out and since Alyssa was booked babysitting for another family, I thought this would be fun.  Well it was a crazy night and I'm not sure if I'll ever babysit again, BUT we got paid, split the cash and as a result Scott is going to go to a movie with his half and I took Jason out to dinner last night for a late V-Day dinner.  We had mexican food at a great place called El Cactus.

Scott really likes school and is excited to be in Junior High next year.  I can't believe he is turning 12 in just 2 months.  He will be a Deacon at church passing the sacrament.  Wow I'm feeling old.




1 comment:

The Duke said...

Sounds like your family is doing very well. I am glad to hear that Daniel is taking a few classes. That's great!
Your kids will all be out of the house before you know it.
I hope your weather warms up soon.