Monday, January 7, 2013

New Part time job

Last Wednesday I started searching again.  I had taken the holidays off because it seems like NO ONE wants to interview you over the Christmas break or even close to Christmas, PLUS we were going to Utah for Christmas for the first time in 16 years so I didn't even apply for jobs for 3 weeks straight.

Came home from Utah, let the New Year ring in and decided it was finally time I seriously look for a Part-time job again.

I applied for a job on Thursday with my resume at Hills Bank in Hills, Iowa, which is exactly (according to googlemaps.com) a 13 minute drive from my house.  Not too shabby.

I was told they wanted to interview me, so I waited by the phone for that call.

On Friday I got a call that said this:  The person that was going to interview you likes your resume and thinks you should work at Hills Bank.  She wants to just hire you and start you on Monday at 12 noon, is that ok?

IS THAT OK?  Seriously.  Of course.

So I start today from 12 noon to 4p.m.  and will repeat this daily for 5 days a week.

I feel so grateful for this opportunity to get in the door at Hills Bank.  I have banked there for almost 13 years so now I get to work for this awesome company.


4 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

That's awesome! Congratulations on the new job! -Jen

The Duke said...

Congratulations!!

Heidi said...

Congrats! What a great story. A great compliment to be remembered for your hard work and good character.

Nicole and Brent Prime said...

That is great! What a blessing for your family.