Monday, December 24, 2012

A letter from Caleb 12-24-12

Hey mom,

I will be skyping tomorrow at 12:00 Pacific Time. We think. Really though, because of some unfortunate situations that I will explain tomorrow, we don't have a set time yet, but we are aiming for 12. 
I have loved the twelve days of Christmas! I opened the ties today and the toilet paper yesterday. Good timing too, because I was about to have to ask my companion to "spare a square." I have 10 dollars left this month because I had to buy a jacket at target. Its a great jacket, but it was 37.50. It's been raining a lot though, which is miserable because its this cold wet mist, not even real rain. I'm glad I got a jacket. I go through 2 gallons of milk a week.  OH! Can you send me recipes for breakfast items? Like french toast? I have enough chili to last me a few weeks, and enough ramen to last me for a few months. I haven't eaten lunch because I haven't been feeling good these past two weeks around lunch time. 
I have an irrational fear of ants, and of course I went into my shower tub to find hundreds of them all over the place. I played "last airbender" and schooled them into the drain. They keep coming back though. Each time I stop them in one place, they come out somewhere else. They were all over my clothes in my closet, then all over the kitchen, then back in my bathroom. THEY WONT LEAVE ME ALONE. I have had it. I went nuts, Raiding all the baseboards, spraying Raid into all the holes I can find, and vacuuming every single night. Ants suck. 
We have been freaking busy. Remember the week we taught 22 lessons? That was 4 weeks ago, and we thought President was going to loose his mind. The week after Elder Healey was sick and we taught only about 13 (or 17, I don't have my planner) but last week we taught 21, and this week we taught 23. President doesn't know what to do with us haha. We have taught so many more lessons than this area used to average in a transfer, but in a week. Everyone says I will never teach this many lessons ever again on my mission, but I am determined to not let that be the case. 
We have a baptism this week! Nico is getting baptized by his father Sam who we reactivated! His entire family (its huge) that is only half Mormon is coming and they are also coming to church the next day, which just happens to fall on missionary Sunday where not only will Elder Healey and I be speaking, but also mothers and fathers of those who have sons and daughters serving right now. We are so excited, and I am glad that things have worked out the way they have. Nico's mom has even been asking us questions about the book of Mormon, which she has been reading! Like, what?!! I was told to expect miracles, and I have been, but I didn't realize they would happen so quickly. 
I am excited to carol for Christmas tonight and tomorrow. We are going to carol at the Orange Circle, which is this historical and cool district here in Orange that many go to to shop and eat and things like that. It is right near Chapman University (remember the movie "Accepted?" with South Harmon Institute of Technology? That's where it was shot!) and there are tons of people around all the time. The movie "The things you do" (or something like that?) was shot at a drugstore/eatery on the Orange Circle.
Do you know who Rebecca Black is? Sister Hess taught her voice lessons, right next to a big picture of Jesus and a picture of Moroni on the Hill Cumorah. Rebecca is actually a decent singer, just not the best song writer (yet?).
I'm excited to skype tomorrow! I have many other things to share. Have a list of questions and I will answer them for you!

Love, Elder Clark

1 comment:

The Duke said...

It was really fun to see Caleb on Skype on Christmas. I didn't spend much time talking to him because I know that is a special time reserved for mom and dad, etc., but it was fun to say hi and to see how great he looks!
Hope he figures out the ant situation.