Saturday, December 22, 2012

Caleb made guesses

I decided to do the 12 days of Christmas for my son Caleb "Elder Clark" who is serving his church mission in Anaheim, CA, here was the original post if you want to read what I did:  The original post

Anyway, here are Caleb's Guesses written in RED and in GREEN writing is what I actually sent for him for that Day of Christmas.


1st Day
December 13th:  
Proverbs 4:18 Light?
Psalms 119:105 Light.
Matthew 5:16 Light! Flashlight? Lighter? I'm in Cali, but I'm not a pothead...

Set of Christmas lights for his apartment window.


2nd Day
December 14th:
Ecclesiastes 9:8 first 6 words Garments? White.
Daniel 7:9  words 17-21 Garments.
Helaman 6:13 word 14-26 Clothing?
Mosiah 10:5 Clothing? Shirts? White Shirts?

Two White Shirts

3rd Day
December 15th:
Doctrine and Covenants 89 versus 14-16 Word of wisdom chapter? ok... Grain? Did you send me flower? the box is pretty big

3 boxes of WHOLE GRAIN Life Cereal


4th Day
December 16th:
Hebrews 2:8 Feet. Shoes? more socks?

4 Black Socks

5th day
December 17th:
Proverbs 26:6 first 8 words Message by hand. Stamps or envelopes

5 Books of Stamps

6th Day
December 18th:
Alma Chapter 58 versus 7 and 8 Food.

6 Cans of Chili  (he loves canned chili by the way)

7th Day
December 19th:
Alma 32:42 Last 4 words Something to drink? or a waterbottle?
7 packages of 2 quart drink mix with a pitcher to mix it in.

8th Day
December 20th:
Malachi 3:2 Last word Soap. Lots of room to figure that one out.
8 Bars of Soap


9th Day
December 21st:
Revelation 3:7
Word 29 to the End What. Open/shut things? I am clueless about this one.
9 Twixit Clips (Pampered Chef bag close clip things) with 9 bags of chips attatched.  Caleb actually requested chip clips from Pampered Chef.  He grew up using them and likes them a lot and said he needed a bunch of twixit clips.

10th Day
December 22nd:
1st Corinthians 11:14 Long hair. Ooh, I'm gonna samson it! Shampoo? or a razor?

10 Gift Cards to get haircuts at a place near him in Anaheim.

11th Day
December 23rd:
Isaiah 54:16 Last 7 words Waster to destroy? like a paper shredder? What? I have no idea what this could possibly be.

11 rolls of Toliet Paper


12th Day
December 24th:
Deuteronomy 28:48 Word 29 through word 38 yoke of iron? Are you trying to tell me you want me dead? Are you trying to choke me? or give me dogtags? Not a Cross, because we celebrate the fact that He lives, not that he died.

12 Ties

6 comments:

Nancy said...

That is a cute idea! You are such a good mom, what a lucky missionary Caleb is!

Heidi said...

This is awesome! You really did a great job and he got a lot of good stuff.

Michelle said...

Thanks for your kind words Nancy. I had so much fun with this.

Michelle said...

Thanks Heidi. I had a lot of fun doing this. It took MUCH longer than I ever expected to. It went from being a simple cute/fun thing I was going to do for him to a crazy over 20 hour project, but it was worth every minute and I will do it again for each missionary that goes from our immediate family.

Mike and Adrianne said...

I meant to comment on this yesterday--I think this is such a great idea and I am sure you made his Christmas such a fun one! You are such a great mom. This took so much thought and shows how much you want to make his Christmas great. And, his guesses are funny...

Donna said...

That was a pretty amazing thing you did, Michelle! And Caleb's answers were pretty amazing as well! (Now we know where he got his sense of humor and amazing personality from!) YOU ROCK, MICHELLE!!! (and I definitely knew what those twixit clips were you sent! Use mine all the time!)