Thursday, March 8, 2012

Update on Daniel

The next morning after surgery I knew Daniel was feeling a little bit better because he asked for his cell phone and I-pod. Here are a couple pictures of him in the hospital. Then the last picture is of his BEFORE and AFTER x-rays. When you look at the picture on the left you will see his top lip forward. Then look at the picture on the right and both his upper and lower lip are matched up.


Daniel with his cell phone.  He had no idea I was taking a picture.

Daniel realized I was taking a picture so I got "the hand"

Daniel at his Oral Surgery appointment right before we left the hospital.  He pretty much slept through the entire thing.


On the Left is Before the Surgery.  On the Right is After the surgery.  A huge difference.  I'm sure he will be glad he did this several years from now.

2 comments:

The Duke said...

Wow! That's a huge difference! I'm glad he is now home and hope he recovers quickly. I'm hoping you have the patience to help him through the recovery, as well. Not so easy. I believe about all Jason ate when his jaw was broken was tomato soup and lemon yogurt. He couldn't get anything with the least bit of texture or chunk (fruit) through. I think he could drink very thin shakes, too. Oh what fun you guys are going to have!

Jess and Jen said...

I'm glad he's better! I hope he recovers well and you both enjoy your liquid diet! -Jen