Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hard Time Parenting

I am really struggling right now in how to be a good parent.  I don't know how to raise teenagers, it's so hard and I'm just really feeling like I've failed completely with a couple of them.  I don't know what to do to be better at this except to keep praying that I don't completely loose it one night or show how upset I am, like right now.

Everyone in the house currently is gone.  Jason is teaching a class.  All the boys are at Boy Scouts and Alyssa is at her Young Women's group at church.  I guess the fact that they all went to their activities should say that I did something right tonight I guess.  I just need to compose myself and stop crying.

3 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Michelle, you ARE a good parent. You have to remember that they have agency and no matter what you do, or how perfect a parent you are, they will still have their agency. You have not failed them. And you are right, they all went to their activities and that is a sucess--but even if they didn't you still would not have failed them as a mother. Hang in there Michelle.

Mike and Adrianne said...

P.S. Go back and read the last post you wrote--it is obvious reading it that you love Daniel and I'm sure that love is the same for each of your children. No matter what they do, you still love them and they need to know that. The fact that you eat smoothies with your son so you can understand him better shows how much you love them. They might not appreciate it now or recognize it now, but one day they will. Just keep telling them you love them.

Michelle said...

Thank you Adrianne. That is so nice of you to say.