Monday, March 14, 2011

Trying to push the puppy post off the top of the page.

Saturday was my first race of the season. It was COLD! The air temp was about 30 but the wind was gusting to 30 and 40 mph. I haven't really been training like Michelle has so I only did the 2 mile race. My goal was simply to break 17 minutes (I am slow). I actually did better than I thought I would and finished in 56th place out of 200+ runners over all and took 4th in my age group with a time of 15:50. That's right all you young punks, this 40 year old ran at a sub 8 minute mile pace. I felt great when I finished and realized that I could have easily done a 5K (unfortunately, the only other option was an 8K and I am not ready to run that far). There is hope for me yet to break 25 minutes for a 5K. I am excited about the upcoming racing season. I have already signed up for a 5K in May and an olympic distance triathlon (The Lake Geode Challenge) in July. I will get a few more races sprinkled in there including another sprint triathlon and a couple more 5K's.

Michelle and Alyssa also ran the 2 mile race with me (I can't remember their details) and Scott ran a 400 M race in which he placed 5th.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

At least you can not push it off my blog.