Sunday, March 13, 2011

I would really like to get a dog.

My friend Tracy has two Labs. She decided to have them have puppies. The litter had 9 puppies and they are all adorable. Yesterday most of us had the opportunity to go see the puppies. There are 3 black, 1 chocolate, 1 tan, 3 cream and 1 white. Below is Jared with the Mom.














































I would really like to have a dog. I have listed all the Pros and Cons and even after all of that I still feel having a Dog is a great decision. I just hope Jason says YES!















PROS
A running buddy
A companion when everyone else is at school or work
Someone who loves me unconditionally
Cute
Adorable
Cuddly
Teaches you to be more responsible
You can get new carpet and furniture!
Friend for LIFE!
You are able to give a great home to a wonderful pet so they don't go to a bad home.
You can get great exercise because you have to walk your dog.
You can tell your dog ANYTHING and they won't share it.
When your feet are cold they can lay on your feet to warm them.
You get to try out all kinds of air fresheners to help with the dog smell!

Cons
They make a lot of messes so you have a lot of work.
You will have to get up in the night to take care of them, let them outside to do their business.
It's like having a new baby all over again.
Sometimes your favorite items get chewed up
They can stain your carpet
They can ruin your furniture (that doesn't matter because all our furniture is old and UGLY anyway.)
Walking the dog in the rain or snow.
Vet bills

I don't care about all the cons in the world and I know there are many.

Here is my contract for all to see: I, Michelle, am willing to do WHATEVER it takes, WHENEVER is needed to raise a happy, loving, well trained dog so that this new addition is happy in our family. I do NOT expect anyone to do anything to take care of this NEW pet. I am taking 100% responsibility for Her, knowing that even though the children say they will take care of her, that they will most likely change their mind within a week or two, so I'm signing up for all of it.




4 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I have had a hard time with our dog but only because I never grew up with a dog and it's been a new experience. But, we lucked out big time with Diamond. Training him was so much easier than I expected and he is so gentle. I think a lab is such a good choice for a family with kids. I recently went to the pound with the boys for a preschool field trip and left so greatful that we got a dog, even if it is hard sometimes, because there were so many dogs without families and they were all so cute and I couldn't imagine Diamond being in a pound.

Dave and Tana said...

They are so so cute. I want one too just looking at their cute little faces!

Janessa said...

Awe, how adorable! I just wish puppies would stay as little puppies. That's when they're cutest:) Good luck convincing Jason!

Papa Doc said...

Get a dog! I just hope you can survive the puppy stage, cute as they are, they are obnoxious.

Dad Clark