Thursday, March 10, 2011

many things going on

This week has so much going on.

First the dreaded taxes. I have an appointment with the accountant tomorrow to get this done and over for the year.

Why I can't stand taxes:
a. It takes me forever to add all the receipts from my 3 different jobs (teaching aerobics, nanny, and Pampered Chef) and get it all categorized and organized. I need a computer program for this. I've been doing it by hand for 13 years.
b. It takes usually 2 hours for the appointment. I really don't want to give up two hours of my life unless I'm in a Spa.
c. The cost for the accountant seems to go up every year and that I'm never happy about. I know the costs for everything is rising, but we just don't have it, and it cuts into the amount you get back, so it bites. Wish I could do it myself and I would except it might cause me heart failure with how hard and stressful it would be. So I'm grateful for my accountant, just not his cost.

2. Caleb started Driver's Ed finally. This is great, except for the cost. It was $375 and to me that is outrageous. This is the main reason it's been this long getting Caleb into that. I have been saving up. I think driver's ed should be offered through the schools, but here in Iowa it's only done privately, you don't have a choice.

3. I'm running more and that's good. My knee was hurting last week, but this week seems to be a bit better. Each week I have a further distance to run to meet my goal for training. This week was 8.5 miles. I barely did it, it was super hard.

4. I love ice cream. The current flavor in the house in Mint Chocolate Chip. I could eat this stuff every day, but I'm not sure if my body would agree.

5. Jason, Scott, Alyssa and I are running in a race on Saturday. It's called the Gaelic Gallop and it's in Dyersville, Iowa. There is a 5 mile and a 2 mile race. Both are chip timed so we will all know our results quickly after running and they will be accurate results, as long as the chip on our shoe works. I am doing the 5 mile race. Jason and Alyssa are doing the 2 mile race. Scott is doing the Junior Leprechaun Leap (not sure of the distance on that). Brenden and Jared will be along for taking pictures and cheering us on. Brenden isn't running right now, he is on a break, I'll explain in the next paragraph why. After the race and the post race activities there is a St. Patrick's Day parade at 1:30, we will hopefully stick around for that.

6. Brenden is having growing pains. His legs hurt really bad when running. I cannot remember the technical name the doctor gave but the doctor told him to wear knee braces, take ibuprofen and back off on running for a while and do lots of stretching. Brenden hasn't ever liked to stretch much, so hopefully he will do more of that now to relieve some pain. Hopefully he will feel better soon so he can be back to running since he likes it so much, and he's great at it.

7. Jared has an infected toe, so it's back to the doctor today to get that taken care of. Our family seems to be prone to ingrown toenails and we've tried all kinds of things. I should buy Epsom salt in bulk from all the soaking we do.

8. Next week is Spring Break and I have only 5 classes instead of 14!!!

9. The weather is actually scheduled to be nice next week, like in the 50's and 60's. What a great week that will be.

10. Because Spring Break is next week I'm sure the children will all find tons of things to do, so I'll have plenty of posts next week!


5 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I'm not sure I can remember all the things to comment on but I'll do my best. You should have Mike make you a spread sheet for being organized and all that. He is really good at spreadsheets and loves making them. Ask him, he'll make one for you. Good job running 8.5 miles. I like ice cream too but I cannot eat it and it's been a long, long time since I've had some. You are a nice mom because I would make my kids pay for some or all of their drivers Ed. That is a crazy amount of money to pay for drivers ed. I agree, they should give it at school. I hope he thanks you and hugs you when he gets to drive, knowing you saved up for this. Too bad about Brenden. I hope his knees feel better soon. Good luck to you all at your race. I hope you do get good weather. I am so sick of the cold and rain and snow (we got snow last week and are supposed to get some tonight).

Jess and Jen said...

You are busy! That's too bad that Brenden has to take a break, but hopefully he'll heal quickly! I like mint chip ice cream too. I wasn't a big fan growing up, but I really like it now! In fact, we had some last night! Good luck with your taxes! (and tell Caleb good luck with driver's ed!) -Jen

Linda said...

So much going on at your house! I hope everyone heals up quickly and that the supply of mint chocolate chip ice cream is endless!

Alyssa said...

14 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason said...

Brenden has Osgood Schlatter's.