Sunday, March 20, 2011

Delusional ??? I think not.

Three weeks ago I noticed our Left front hubcap was missing from our car.  I was bummed out because now our car looks a bit odd and not as nice as it could.  Also hubcaps have the purpose of preventing major amounts of dirt and rocks to get inside your tires so I really should get another one.

I figured I would never see the hubcap again and never looked for it because of the many miles I travel all over the city in a day who would think they could find a hubcap.

I went for a long run on Saturday since I'm training for a half marathon.  I was scheduled to run 9.5 miles so I had become super anxious during the week.  For some reason my last few long runs have caused some anxiety in me.  I am fine emotionally once I get started, but leading up to it I'm over thinking about how hard it is to run that far.  Maybe my emotions were wacky, I'm not sure.  Just read on and you will understand.

So here I was on Melrose Ave. about 2 miles into my run and I was about to turn onto Camp Cardinal Blvd. when I thought I saw a shiny thing.  Sure enough as I got closer it was a Toyota hubcap and I knew it was mine from a rectangle 1 inch scratch that I had put on it from running into a curb 3 years earlier when I slid around a corner on a very icy street.  I had scratched up the hubcap and popped the tire.

When I was about 5.5 miles into my run I saw Jason.  He had ridden his bike to find me, to make sure I was alright and encourage me along.  I told him about finding the hubcap and I asked him to go get it.  He said, "We will get it after your run is over and you can show me right where it is."

After the run I was exhausted, but determined to get my hubcap back.  We traveled to the place on Melrose where I had seen the hubcap.  He stopped the car and I got out.  I walked up and down in the same area I had seen it.  NO HUBCAP could be found.  NOTHING.  I was ticked.  So I walked even further back in case I had forgotten where I really saw it and then walked all the way to the corner of Camp Cardinal Rd. and still no hubcap.

Jason said, "You must have been delusional and thought you saw it."

Really I dreamed that up.  I think not, but one will never know.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I do not know what to think. How creepy.

The Duke said...

Mostly likely someone else who had the same make as your car saw it (or a teenager that likes to hang hubcabs in their rooms)and figured they could have it.
It's just odd that it happened at the same time and same day.

Jason said...

Odd? Yeah, sure. Can you say caaraazzy?

Papa Doc said...

This was funny. I love your delusion. They say it comes from running. At least you like the car to look nice.

Dad Clark