Friday, January 7, 2011

New Hair


We have had the awesome opportunity to have a man from South Africa stay in our extra bedroom in our home for 3 weeks.

He is here visiting his daughter in Iowa City and we found out about this opportunity from Church when an e-mail was sent out a few months ago.

I talked to Jason about having a guest in our home. I mentioned to him that it's just my office in that extra room and I would put my office in the basement, so we could share our home. After Jason spoke to some higher up people in the church that knew Anton, he decided it would be a great idea.

Anton owns a Salon in South Africa and he has over 15 years experience doing hair. He has done hair in New York, London and many other exciting places.

Yesterday was my turn to get my hair cut, colored and styled. So fun for me!!! I love it. I may even have him cut it again way shorter before he leaves! For now I'm loving these highlights and my new cut.

The boys love having him here and learning all about his country, the way he does things, hearing the beautiful way he talks, learning a new language and having an extra sister around. He has his daughter Emerson (age 6) living with us too. Scott and Emerson just play so well together.

Below are a few shots of my hair:




9 comments:

SuzyQ01 said...

What a wonderful experience! How long will he be in town? I desperately need a make-over!! LOL

Lokodi said...

I had a friend from South Africa a long time ago. She was awesome. I've lost contact with her, but it was fun learning about their culture. Glad you guys could do that for him. Love the hair girl!

Lindsey

Dave and Tana said...

Lookin good with the new do michelle!

-dave and tana

Nicole and Brent Prime said...

Very cute! I always love getting a new haircut.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Love the hair and I think it's awesome that you said, "the beautiful way he talks"! Ha. Ha. Is Jason jealous?! ;)

Janessa said...

What a wonderful opportunity for your family. You guys are so great to open up your home like that. I love the new hair style and color! You look great!

The Duke said...

I didn't know you had a guest staying with you. That's so great that you have been able to do that. And your hair cut and color are awesome!
Your kids will always remember this man and his daughter. My kids all had a great time with our foreign exchange student that was only in the states for 3 weeks. It's fun to learn about others' cultures.

Michelle said...

He will be staying in town till the January 26th.

Thanks for the nice comments!

chelsey said...

Lookin GOOD! That's a great cut and color for you! How fun to have such a nice house guest! Ours wasn't so fun....glad you are having such a great experience. It's always good for kids to see how other people live and learn about other cultures too.