Sunday, January 30, 2011

Busy weekend

We did it. The first annual North Dodge Athletic Club Indoor Triathlon was yesterday. By all measures, it was a great success. I guess I am a little surprised that it went as well as it did. There were a few bumps along the way but those issues will be filed away and dealt with for next year. I haven't looked at our final figures but I know that we will be able to donate at least $100 dollars to the Ronald McDonald house. That may not be much but it is a good place to start. Next year we will be able to donate at least double that amount because the place we got our race shirts printed said they would sponsor us next year and give us at least 50% off the cost of the shirts (our biggest expense).

Brenden competed in the race and did well. He traveled a total of 12.4 miles in the one hour he had to race. I am very proud of him. Racing is difficult and he steps up and gives it his best each and every time.

5 comments:

Dave and Tana said...

very cool guys. Maybe next year you can count me in?!

Dave

Janessa said...

What a great idea. I'm sure an indoor race is much better then outdoor this time of year. I love that you involve some of your kids even. What a great example!

Jess and Jen said...

I saw the pics on FB...how did Brenden do? He's a trooper. -Jess

The Duke said...

I'm glad it was a success -- a great stepping stone for future races. Congratulations on getting it all put together.
And congratulations to speedy Benden!

Papa Doc said...

So was this a race for a certain amount of time or what? Did the big J run, too?

He could call and tell me if he still can dial the numbers, that is if they are not frozen off given the temp outside in the states right now. Global warming, huh?

Tonight it is supposed to be zero here. That is colder that I like it. Seems like Nebraska to night. The wind is even blowing.

Dad Clark