Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

At Jason's work they all carved pumpkins and here is one his co-worker did. As much as people claim to not like Michael Jackson, I think his music is awesome, not him so much, but the music is SUPER GREAT!! Probably because I was 12 when the album Thriller came out and I received that record from my Dad. It was my first introduction to pop music and I danced to it often. Anyway, this first pumpkin is of Michael Jackson and I think it's pretty fabulous. Jason brought it home and put it on our porch and we received literally hundreds of compliments. Bummer I had to tell people that I'm not that talented.




On the left is Scott's pumpkin on the right is Alyssa's pumpkin. Not sure why she wanted all the toothpicks in it, but she did. Then on the far right is Jared's pumpkin. He calls it Frankenstein.





Below is Jason's Pumpkin. As much as he claims to not like Halloween or anything connected to it, he carved his own pumpkin on his own. He calls it Jack. For Trunk-r-treat at our church Alyssa brought her neighbor friend named Gabby.










Scott in his Dracula costume.










Alyssa in her Miss Iowa costume. I couldn't find a really cute dress in her size, so we went to a thrift store and found this vintage dress that she loved, it was a size 3/4 women's dress and then I shortened it by over 12 inches. That took a while, but with all that extra material I cut off the bottom of the dress I was able to make a shawl for her shoulders.
I am glad Halloween is over, to me it's a stressful holiday. Thank goodness I only had 2 to dress up this year instead of all 6.

2 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

That is a beautiful costume Alyssa! Good job on it Michelle! Those pumpkins are pretty cool too.

The Duke said...

Alyssa told me all about her pumpkin and the toothpicks and slime. She even told me how to make the slime. I'm glad you added that picture!
Great costumes - Alyssa, you look beautiful enough to be Miss Iowa - Scott, you are too cute to be a vampire!
I agree with you about costumes and the stress it brings. You have always made really cute ones - do you remember the cow costumes? That has to top all costumes. It was so clever.
I keep telling Jim that my marriage contract states specifically that I don't "do" costumes. I'm not creative at all.
I'm glad it's over, too!