Saturday, October 31, 2009

Gotta love Halloween!

A few of the children went out this year to trick or treat. None of my children like Almond Joy candy bars. However, I love them and they all gave me their Almond Joy candy!!! Yahoo.

The other night it was our Trunk-r-Treat at church. There was a chili cookoff. I had signed up to bring chili and got a call that morning to remind me. I was so busy Wednesday with a Pampered Chef fundraiser and getting Alyssa's Halloween costume finished so the chili was an afterthought. Around 3p.m. I started getting the chili together. I threw in it whatever I could find, didn't follow a recipe. There was everything from hot sauce, onions, hamburger, all kinds of beans, tomato soup, spices and much more and so it was surprising to me that I tied for first place.


Lastly the Iowa Hawkeyes won their game again today. Now we are 9 and 0!! Yahoo. Go Hawks!

1 comment:

The Duke said...

I talked to Alyssa today and she said she was hoping you would post some photos of her freaky pumpkin. How about some pictures of the Halloween costumes?
Congratulations on tying for first place. That's awesome. I need a good recipe. Make one up and send it along. I don't do good chili but I love chili.
I agree with you --- Go Iowa!!!