Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Concert


Concert season has officially started. Usually I drag my feet and dred going (at least on the inside). Last night was West High School's Fall Chorale Concert. There are five choirs at West in addition to the two show choirs. The show choirs didn't perform but the others were great. Caleb played percussion for one of the Treble choir's songs - he's a pretty good drummer. I wouldn't tell him to his face (gotta keep him humble) but he is a much better percussionist than I ever was. Last year he was a member of the Bass choir but this year he is in the Concert Choir. They sing all of their songs a capella. I was very impressed that they could sing in a mixed formation and do such an incredible job so early in the year. Their last number was "Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho" and although I have heard this piece done many times, these guys hit it dead on. Their diction was nearly perfect, their dynamics were good, and their pitch was right on - particularly the men's parts. I wish you all could have been here to have heard it. All these years of going to ear-wrenching concerts is finally paying off. Now if I can make it through Alyssa's first ever band concert and Brenden's first ever choir concert next week I'll have it made.


I added a couple pictures that I took at the concert last night. Can you find Caleb in his Choir?

The 2nd picture is Caleb with Bailey his girlfriend. Can you see Daniel's head inbetween them in the background. I took 5 pictures and there was another sibling in every single one so I gave up. Actually it's funny to me.

3 comments:

chelsey said...

Makes you wonder how on earth mom and dad sat through years of all our concerts huh! Earplugs maybe? At least in the first few years. Geoff's orchestra concerts were long... and shall we say, drawn out... Glad they're over. I only have one concert per kid this year~ SO FAR!

Michelle said...

Hey Jason, I added a couple pictures.

The Duke said...

Oh, I sure wish I could hear his concert. We did attend a lot of ear-splitting concerts along the way, but the older the kids got, the better they got and the more exciting it was to go to the concerts.
Kaitlin also had her first concert of the year last week and their small choir (Salem High Singers)was incredible. It makes me want to cry when I realize how good these kids really are.
Music is good for the soul - good for Caleb! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert.